Fragrance Free is the WAY TO BE! Fragrance free products from body wash to lotions not only reduce reactions from those around you, they are also much better for you than fragranced toiletries. Check out this article on why a fragrance-free lifestyle is healthy for you.
This is the body wash that I currently use that I really think is great. It has a light scent and is perfect for sensitive skin. The greatest thing about it is that it’s fragrance free. Click on the picture below to order or look for this body wash in your local WalMart or store near you.
I would also recommend using a fragrance free laundry detergent. I do not seem to be bothered by scented Tide laundry detergent but cannot use any Downy because I am very sensitive to that. For those who think their laundry detergent is causing them problems or those with PATM who thinks it makes reactions worse I would recommend Tide Unscented.
Neti Pot- The purpose of the Neti Pot is to clear the nasal passages so you can breathe more clearly and also to moisturize the sinus tissues and linings. For those with PATM and those with stuffy noses in general, from personal experience the Neti Pot works. Be sure to use the salt packets provided, that the water is not too warm, and that the water is either bottled or from a filter. Follow all directions on the package. You can buy the Neti Pot I use by clicking on the picture below
Five Ways to Smell Good WITHOUT Deodorant.
1. Hot Yoga or any HOT exercise including time in the SAUNA- eliminates toxins through sweating. Remember to rehydrate
2. Meatless Diet- RED Meat is a huge culprit for body odor. Stay away as much as possible
3. PLANT based diet– phytonutrients cleanse you from the inside out. The best greens include: parsley, cilantro, celery, mint, sage, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Add them to salads and check out the recipe page for ways to include them in your diet
4. Garlic and Onions sparingly. Although great for Candida, be careful not to go overboard because these two can cause body odor quite easily… Just be sure to drink plenty of water while you include these in your diet.
5. Alcohol sparingly- alcohol can also give one bad body odor so drink sparingly and when you do drink… try to fit a couple glasses of water in between. Ask for a lemon or lime with water and people will think you’re drinking an alcoholic beverage.